What do you enjoy most about this business? - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 07-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
DonMike
DonMike is I like toast
You need Gay content

xBucks: 10,696
Send a message via ICQ to DonMike Send a message via AIM to DonMike Send a message via Yahoo to DonMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo
Our industry is a reflection of society Don and until society changes it's views, it isn't going to get much better.

I actually take the opposite view of what you think though. BECAUSE we work in a sexually charged industry, I would have thought that most people would realize that someone's choice of a partner, is just that...their choice. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

You're always going to have people use terms like fag and homo, and sometimes I don't even think they truly mean it in a derogatory way. They're just words to some people. Not understanding what they mean to a gay person, is an entirely different matter.
Good post, Ron. Actually society is getting better. A little at a time. Ten years ago we could never have had a TV channel like Logo or shows like Queer Eye and Will & Grace. But you know, the people in the industry I've met with an open mind are really open minded. When Madame brings out her wooden spoons or Dark Lady talks about goth/fetish things or I joke around about my own bizzarre interests, people aren't put off by it. Even if it's so far out of thier own interests, they are always really open and inviting. So you are right that the sexually charged atmosphere we work in does have a positive effect on people as well. If you work in a bank and you find out your co-worker is into bdsm, it's could be a huge shock and maybe really cause some discomfort. But when you find out one of your colleagues in our industry is into bdsm you say, "Oh, I promote some of those sites", or "You mean like Madame's blog? Cool." It really is an amazing industry we work in. And because of that the negative aspects don't seem so bad. They end up being like a mosquito at a picnic. You wish you didn't have to deal with it, but overall they are something you can deal with and still really enjoy yourself.
DonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
NaughtyAce
NaughtyAce should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 20
Send a message via ICQ to NaughtyAce

I like to start with the dislikes as there are very few for me in this industry. I've been doing this for 6 years now and I can honestly say that their are very few things I dislike. The only things I dislike in the industry are the get rich quick attitudes, there is a larger percentage of people in this industry out for the quickbuck than there is those looking to create a long lasting enterprise. The Second is those few people that are either errogant or pompus or are socially inept. Luckily those people are far an few between in this industry.

The things I like about the industry is how quickly it grows and how dynamic you can be as a person and as a company. The people are the most amazing people I've met, from young to old, from males and females, they are all so kind hearted and most of them are such driven individuals that like me, like to relax and have a good time. Another great part about this industry is you can be your own entity, your own marketing tool, your own business, and in some cases your own content .....

I've been here for a long time by my standards and probably by many other peoples standards, and I don't plan on going anywhere. I'll continue to grow with this industry and add on to the long lasting friendships I've made.

NaughtyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
rico-panchodog
rico-panchodog should edit this
Make $$$ with duh DOG!

xBucks: 1,620
Send a message via ICQ to rico-panchodog Send a message via AIM to rico-panchodog Send a message via MSN to rico-panchodog Send a message via Yahoo to rico-panchodog Send a message via Skype™ to rico-panchodog

Hey everyone, my first post

Thanks for the invite Chris.

You guys summed it all up before I got her Not a whole lot I can add to your comments.

But I DO enjoy the flexibility, shows, people involved, and the creativity to just name a few things. I also LOVE the fact that competitors can do business with each other, whereas most other businesses do not have that advantage. Not that, that is the only advantage, lol

See everyone in Miami?

°°panchodog.com°°
°°28+ paysites!!°°
°°katiefey°°°felicityfey°°
°°kristinafey°°°Andi Pink!°°
°°& ArielRebel & More!°°
rico-panchodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is only editing this because Chris is a jackass
Xnations Voice of Reason

xBucks: 11,747
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-panchodog
I also LOVE the fact that competitors can do business with each other

See everyone in Miami?
That's a good one. I constantly refer business to my competitors and vice versa.

Another thing I dislike is having models sites blocked because they live in such close proximity. I know it's not exclusive to this business, but I probably wouldn't know the models existed if I wasn't in it.

I'll be in Miami Rico. What models are you bringing with you??
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
rico-panchodog
rico-panchodog should edit this
Make $$$ with duh DOG!

xBucks: 1,620
Send a message via ICQ to rico-panchodog Send a message via AIM to rico-panchodog Send a message via MSN to rico-panchodog Send a message via Yahoo to rico-panchodog Send a message via Skype™ to rico-panchodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo
That's a good one. I constantly refer business to my competitors and vice versa.

Another thing I dislike is having models sites blocked because they live in such close proximity. I know it's not exclusive to this business, but I probably wouldn't know the models existed if I wasn't in it.

I'll be in Miami Rico. What models are you bringing with you??
Andi, Ariel, and Brandy Brandy is new, Ariel's new tours and french tours will be up by then, along with our new merchant account, that we are excited about.

Sorry on the blocking, lol - I thought we got that fixed for you?

I'm headin out of town for a long weekend, you got my email and number, but if not:

rico =AT= PanchoDog.com
1-512-557-3763

CHEERS!

°°panchodog.com°°
°°28+ paysites!!°°
°°katiefey°°°felicityfey°°
°°kristinafey°°°Andi Pink!°°
°°& ArielRebel & More!°°
rico-panchodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is only editing this because Chris is a jackass
Xnations Voice of Reason

xBucks: 11,747
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-panchodog
Andi
Excellent. Did you say anything after that?

Seriously, I'm just bustin' your balls. No biggie. I can view it through proxy if need be.
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
jayman
jayman should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 20

I'm gonna have to agree with the $$$ part. Its also nice to be involved with people that you are pretty sure are open minded.
jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
Kay
Kay should edit this
100% Certified

xBucks: 283

I've always worked from home, but that certainly is a perk of this job too. I enjoy this job most because it allows me to be creative and work on things on my own time schedule.
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:39 AM   #9
RawAlex
RawAlex should edit this

xBucks: 247
Send a message via AIM to RawAlex Send a message via Yahoo to RawAlex

What I enjoy most is setting my own hours and my own goals... I am the type of personality that doesn't work as well with large groups of people, so things are better when I am by myself to do for myself.

As a side note, what I enjoy the least about this business is that I have to compete with some of the most ruthless scammers, liars, and cheats I have ever met, and that this cheating is often supported by the program themselves.

Overall, it's not a bad business to be in.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
Nickatilynx
Nickatilynx should edit this
OLD GUARD

xBucks: 2,232
Send a message via ICQ to Nickatilynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex
As a side note, what I enjoy the least about this business is that I have to compete with some of the most ruthless scammers, liars, and cheats I have ever met, and that this cheating is often supported by the program themselves.
Yeah they piss me off too
Nickatilynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:06 PM   #11
DonMike
DonMike is I like toast
You need Gay content

xBucks: 10,696
Send a message via ICQ to DonMike Send a message via AIM to DonMike Send a message via Yahoo to DonMike

Yeah, I'm very anti-social myself. Very shy and quiet, keep to myself kind of guy.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!! And if you belive that I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya.
DonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #12
RawAlex
RawAlex should edit this

xBucks: 247
Send a message via AIM to RawAlex Send a message via Yahoo to RawAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickatilynx
Yeah they piss me off too
Hey Nick, how's life on the left coast treating you?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
Nickatilynx
Nickatilynx should edit this
OLD GUARD

xBucks: 2,232
Send a message via ICQ to Nickatilynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex
Hey Nick, how's life on the left coast treating you?
Good Alex.

Yourself?

Nice to see you about again
Nickatilynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #14
Mr. Burns
Mr. Burns is Excellent!

xBucks: 2,902
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Burns Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Burns

I would say that I enjoy the boobies most. I find them to be excellent.

Smithers, where is my new issue of Klixxx??
Mr. Burns is offline   Reply With Quote