Old 01-12-2004, 04:07 PM   #31
twinkley
twinkley should edit this
Pillow Talk Pimpette

xBucks: 9,000
Send a message via ICQ to twinkley Send a message via AIM to twinkley

Okay, so was it just me, or did it seem like even though
it was a smaller show, there was just a ton of people you never
got to see?? They were there ... but for the life of me, i never found them, or worse, I saw them in passing, while doing something else, and
then couldnt find em again ....

All in all great show - cant wait for phoenix!

twinkley

Media Buyer For DatingGold!
twinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:10 PM   #32
Carol
Carol should edit this

xBucks: 335
Send a message via ICQ to Carol Send a message via AIM to Carol Send a message via Yahoo to Carol

Holy Shit Twinkley how did we miss eachother??????
Old 01-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #33
CCBill-Andy
CCBill-Andy should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 20
Send a message via ICQ to CCBill-Andy Send a message via AIM to CCBill-Andy

The show is definately getting smaller, and certainly less newbies on the show floor. But it was a very productive trip for our group and we certainly enjoyed hanging out with everyone who attended.

Chris - always a pleasure. Wish I could have hit the links with ya this trip (we'll do it again next time around)

Gunner - very nice meeting & chatting with you.

I think over the past year, we've positioned ourselves in a place we want to be and that helped our show results even though the venue continues to get smaller. I know we'll reach a critical mass at some point, but we're very pleased with the show results thusfar.

Andy
CCBill-Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #34
Kenny B
Kenny B is I love black people

xBucks: 15,166
Send a message via ICQ to Kenny B

I thought the show was better for networking then past years. The giant booths with boxing rings and loud music look great but most people at the show had already heard of CE and the like. I don’t think it’s necessary to throw outrageous parties to gain new business. It seems companies are holding dinners and small receptions to toast their current clients and gain new specific ones rather then hold a huge party to gain some new webmasters but mainly cater to people who want free drinks.

The poker tournament was a great idea and gameworks always rocks! T

I welcome the smaller more effective shows, less walking and the free t-shirts don’t do anything for me as they are all XXL and I’m, well …a tad smaller then that:-) I liked the fact there were smaller booths and companies with new products not just another affiliate program to join. Meeting the boys from Zend who came up with php was very interesting.

The poker tournament was a great idea and gameworks always rocks! Nothing has topped the Xbash with David Lee Roth a few years back, but the main sponsor for that show Hanco closed shop 6 months later, I guess the bigger party you throw doesn’t mean you are or will be a success. We need someone to spend their hard earned money on getting Vince Neil for the show next year, I’ll promote your program I promise:-)

All and all, I think it was a great show. Of course my business isn’t selling floor space and ads in a trade show publication.

kenny - at -kennyspennies.com
Kenny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #35
Aly
Aly should edit this
X Uberant

xBucks: 1,968
Send a message via ICQ to Aly

It was definitely smaller, and a lot less frenetic. I found it very productive though. Possibly more so than at previous events.

Great to spend some time with you both, Chris. Let's make a habit of it!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #36
Yo Adrian
Yo Adrian should edit this
ICQ 316754

xBucks: 4,970
Send a message via ICQ to Yo Adrian Send a message via AIM to Yo Adrian Send a message via MSN to Yo Adrian Send a message via Yahoo to Yo Adrian
Default Re: Internext comments?

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Chris
If you went to Internext last week, what are your comments on it?

I found it to be the smallest of all the winter Internext shows to date. Less attendance and exhibits, and certainly much smaller exhibits. Gone are the days of huge booths that reach for the rafters.
I agree, the show was small..however it made for a great easygoing enviornment for meeting and talking with new people.. few distractions made it great for doing some business.. I did wish the parties were more crazy though.

SlickFeeds.com
$0.99 Cent Flash Feeds! ICQ: 316754
Yo Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #37
Seska
Seska should edit this

xBucks: 67

I had a successful show. Granted, as someone who uses the big conferences as a time to network and shoot content I have different objectives than some other people attending.

I ended up having unexpected meetings which were terrific and I also met with the people I had expected to meet (also productive). I attended the get-togethers aimed at "Amateurs" and I had a really good and relaxed time. It is just nice catching up with people you only see online (like at the Sex Cam Central suite - thanks Kenny, Anna and Bruce!).

Content wise, I got quite a few (and very enjoyable) shoots in. :-)
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:10 PM   #38
sherie
sherie should edit this

xBucks: 3,834
Send a message via ICQ to sherie Send a message via AIM to sherie

I agree with you Chris. Much smaller and less money spent on booths and parties. I think that most companies have come to their sense's that money does run out and it's generally a waste to have a big dick contest LOL

I was happy to you see and your beautiful wife...wish we had more time together LOL

sherie at macdaddybucks dot com

GO LEAFS GO
sherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #39
123Jason
123Jason should edit this

xBucks: 1,156
Send a message via ICQ to 123Jason Send a message via AIM to 123Jason Send a message via Yahoo to 123Jason

Chris...it was great to see you. Sorry we didn't get a chance to catch up.

I'm finding that as we mature, as the industry matures, people aren't as willing to blow a bunch of cash on stupid flashy expenses. I think more people are realizing that this isn't really a pissing contest and I'm enjoying the results.

This was my 1st show in almost 2 years so it was somewhat of a "family reunion" for me. I had a really great time and got a lot of good business done. Reconnecting with old friends and meeting lots of new ones is a large part of what these shows are about for me. I enjoyed the size and pace of the show.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the next one!
Marketing Director, 123BILL Toll Free 1-866-BILL-123 | ICQ #233969317
For quality adult hosting talk to Brad at MojoHost
123Jason is offline   Reply With Quote