Is It Better Or Worse To Marry Young? - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 05-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
thruma
thruma is hard at work.(double meaning)

xBucks: 5,227

I think the ancient Celt's were very wise.

They had marriage for a year and a day. When that time was up the marriage was over and if you wanted you could marry again for another year and a day or for eternity.

I don't see a need for legal marriage of any kind. All that does is make money for the gov and lawyers.(licenses, certificates and divorce fees)

Get married for the ceremony of whatever religion you follow. If you're not religious then just live together.

Here in Canada you're common law married just by living together so I really can't see why I should go to city hall to do it.
thruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
SexArise
SexArise is Happy
Citizen X

xBucks: 2,680

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruma View Post

They had marriage for a year and a day. When that time was up the marriage was over and if you wanted you could marry again for another year and a day or for eternity.

I don't see a need for legal marriage of any kind. All that does is make money for the gov and lawyers.(licenses, certificates and divorce fees)

Get married for the ceremony of whatever religion you follow. If you're not religious then just live together.

Here in Canada you're common law married just by living together so I really can't see why I should go to city hall to do it.
interesting.
SexArise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Cyndalie
Cyndalie is not it.
Marketing Director / SEO

xBucks: 63,386
Send a message via ICQ to Cyndalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruma View Post

Heinlein readers understand the concept of "Contract Marriage" - Marriages or civil unions deemed for an amount of time and inclusive of a prenup that can be renewed or dissolved after the period is up. In this agreement is a section for children and how they will be cared for during and after, dealbreakers, and other agreements. This makes much more sense than how expensive 'divorces' can be.

Hardcore, Blowjobs, Gay, Wives, Lesbians, Gangbang, Movies, Tranny, Interracial, Teen....
16 Sites, $35 PPS/ 60% Revshare :: Capitalize on Experience
Cyndee - Director of Marketing & SEO
Cyndalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
DrChango
DrChango is the sales monkey!
Citizen X

xBucks: 6,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndalie View Post
Heinlein readers understand the concept of "Contract Marriage" - Marriages or civil unions deemed for an amount of time and inclusive of a prenup that can be renewed or dissolved after the period is up. In this agreement is a section for children and how they will be cared for during and after, dealbreakers, and other agreements. This makes much more sense than how expensive 'divorces' can be.
Why are all the ladies who read Heinlein already taken!?!?!?!

Niven carried the "contract" concept into his Known Space universe, and it worked well with his ideas about population control and emigration off-world
DrChango is offline   Reply With Quote