Racism.... and interesting perspective in an email received by me .... - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 02-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
BoardGoerge
BoardGoerge is smiling

xBucks: 46,458
Default Racism.... and interesting perspective in an email received by me ....

THIS IS *NOT* MY OPINION, BUT AN EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE WHO I DO NOT KNOW .... BLOODY INTERESTING PERSEPECTIVE... WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

After Australia has recinded the "White Australia Policy" it has become tedious to say the least when so called "mult-culturals" use Australia as a "launching pad" for airing their previous countries grievences and problems.

I believe the below more than adequately conveys what the silent majority of Australians feel.

If you don't like Australia "rack off".

It's "an oldie but a goodie". A whingeing immigrant states "For 20 cents I'd leave Australia".

The reply?

"Here's $1 take four of your mates with you."

Australia- The Right to Leave

Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !

After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the State of South Australia changed it's opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen. Published in an Australian newspaper.

[Quote:]IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It !

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the errorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, Learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,"THE RIGHT TO LEAVE"[/quote]

If you aren't happy here then fuck off! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

Discuss ..........
BoardGoerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 47,432
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

discuss what?

that there is prejudice?
that there are two views accept our ways or leave rather than tolerance?

your forgetting that even though this board belongs to the webmaster community as a whole, the owners and some posters are Canadian. We tend to be a bit more tolerant regarding immigrants and really don't see alot of the bother that goes into it. We already know its not fair - that if we moved into their country we would be forced to abide by their laws and not be able to take much of our culture into their country, even though they are given the opposite welcome here. But we decided not to play by other countries rules.

We attempt to respect others here - respect their culture, way of life including religion.. as long as it is following the rules of humanity rather than the country.

so discussing how another country should or shouldn't accept someone that holds a different view is not as important as how we can ourselves in the world around us - accept those who we consider different. I can't speak for a nation or its policies, but I can change my policy on how I view someone from a different background than myself. Personally I grow accepting the differences of others - learn something about myself. Maybe that can also be the true for nations

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Slippery
Slippery is all wet!
Naughty Girl

xBucks: 16,092

Having a photograph of yourself all covered up on your driver's license is just crazy, but that's my opinion! Why take a picture when nobody can see you anyway? But I do think that one should at least make an attempt to adapt to local customs instead of imposing your own on those who were already there in the first place. That's not racist, it's just plain common courtesy!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Cyndalie
Cyndalie is not it.
Marketing Director / SEO

xBucks: 63,321
Send a message via ICQ to Cyndalie

Spreading predjudice on every board yet say it's something you don't agree with. Nice.

Hardcore, Blowjobs, Gay, Wives, Lesbians, Gangbang, Movies, Tranny, Interracial, Teen....
16 Sites, $35 PPS/ 60% Revshare :: Capitalize on Experience
Cyndee - Director of Marketing & SEO
Cyndalie is offline   Reply With Quote