Embarrassed to be a Canadian - Page 3 - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 03-28-2003, 10:35 AM   #61
12clicks
12clicks should edit this

xBucks: 3,694

Quote:
Originally posted by StuartD
ok... look... any way you want to slice the cake here.... Bush went and did his own thing. Without approval... he decided to do his own thing.... plain and simple.

You're sadly mistaken. He has the approval of the people of the US.
The people of the US know that only a fool would follow the UN.
What you now see from the French, Canadians, russians, and germans is childish foot stomping over wishing they were something better than they are.
When you see someone else do what they think needs to be done regardless of the nonsensical rantings of those around them, you become jealous in your impotence.
year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteena Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is
nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
12clicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 12:03 PM   #62
StuartD
StuartD should edit this
Sofa King Band

xBucks: 8,682
Send a message via ICQ to StuartD

Quote:
Originally posted by 12clicks
You're sadly mistaken. He has the approval of the people of the US.
The people of the US know that only a fool would follow the UN.
What you now see from the French, Canadians, russians, and germans is childish foot stomping over wishing they were something better than they are.
When you see someone else do what they think needs to be done regardless of the nonsensical rantings of those around them, you become jealous in your impotence.
yes well, this is just another case of "Americans are the only ones that matter" talk... what about the rest of the world? I'm talk about a vote of all countries involved in the UN... and then some that aren't even....
If the majority of countries think that the US shouldn't do it... the US should just look to itself to say "well, Americans think we should, that's good enough for me... let's go!" ??
Old 03-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #63
twinkley
twinkley should edit this
Pillow Talk Pimpette

xBucks: 8,955
Send a message via ICQ to twinkley Send a message via AIM to twinkley

Stuart,

I think a lot of that attitude comes from the fact that we are world police. And while no one likes the police to hassle THEM, everyone wants them around when something bad is happening to them....

Yes, its true - we are giving the appearance that we dont care what the rest of the world thinks... and to a point it really is true. When you have saved most of the people who are now bickering with you at one time or another -- it HAS to be frusterating to sit back and let them slam on your tactics. We have done more for the world financially, militarily, and politically than pretty much anyone else out there. We are the first ones to step up to the plate to help when asked, and were slapped in the face when we asked for a little support.

So yeah, i can kinda see where the forget it, we are just gonna do it anyways attitude comes from.

twinkley (playing devils advocate)

Media Buyer For DatingGold!
twinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 01:05 PM   #64
12clicks

Quote:
yes well, this is just another case of "Americans are the only ones that matter" talk... what about the rest of the world? I'm talk about a vote of all countries involved in the UN... and then some that aren't even....
If the majority of countries think that the US shouldn't do it... the US should just look to itself to say "well, Americans think we should, that's good enough for me... let's go!" ??
That's such a sweet sentiment but in the real world, it doesn't wash.
A good part of the world isn't bright enough to trust with a meaningfull vote. (imagine giving a 6yr old the right to vote for president and you get the pricture)
Then you have the countries who side against the US because of sour grapes. (think france)
Then you have the countries currently profitting from the status quo (think france germany and russia)

Only a fool would decide to trust an electorate like this. Thankfully, I'm not a fool and niether is my president.
year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteena Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is
Old 03-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #65
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is only editing this because Chris is a jackass
Xnations Voice of Reason

xBucks: 11,220
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldo

Interesting signature 12clicks
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #66
StuartD
StuartD should edit this
Sofa King Band

Quote:
That's such a sweet sentiment but in the real world, it doesn't wash.
A good part of the world isn't bright enough to trust with a meaningfull vote. (imagine giving a 6yr old the right to vote for president and you get the pricture)
Then you have the countries who side against the US because of sour grapes. (think france)
Then you have the countries currently profitting from the status quo (think france germany and russia)

Only a fool would decide to trust an electorate like this. Thankfully, I'm not a fool and niether is my president.
Those are all very good points, and I do agree... I've always said, I agree with the war, just not how it came about.

The system probably is flawed, in all the ways you said... but it is still the system. And like it or not... there will be a lot of people who aren't happy with the US's decision.

And ultimately, going after one or 2 countries who has terrorist feelings toward the US may just incite those feelings in a lot of other countries by doing what it did. So it may end up causing more of a problem then solving it.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:28 PM   #67
12clicks

Quote:

The system probably is flawed, in all the ways you said... but it is still the system. And like it or not... there will be a lot of people who aren't happy with the US's decision.
We don't need to work with a flawed system.

Quote:
And ultimately, going after one or 2 countries who has terrorist feelings toward the US may just incite those feelings in a lot of other countries by doing what it did. So it may end up causing more of a problem then solving it.
If countries develope feelings of hate towards the US because of our fight with terrorism, then they are terorrist countries anyway and we will deal with them.

Even now, syria is sending the iraqis night vision goggles and other military equipment to support iraq's fight against the US.
You understand that syria has a vote in the UN too, right?
Old 03-28-2003, 01:35 PM   #68
StuartD
StuartD should edit this
Sofa King Band

Quote:
We don't need to work with a flawed system.

If countries develope feelings of hate towards the US because of our fight with terrorism, then they are terorrist countries anyway and we will deal with them.

Even now, syria is sending the iraqis night vision goggles and other military equipment to support iraq's fight against the US.
You understand that syria has a vote in the UN too, right?
If countries don't agree with the US than they are terrorist countries?? So Canada is a terrorist country now? Just because we aren't helping or might not agree with going against the UN's vote?

What if more than 50% of the world, including some rather developed countries all think that the US is over stating it's boundries? I'm not saying it does... but what happens if it does? It's the US against the world at war then? Because they're all now considered terrorist countries?
Old 03-28-2003, 01:45 PM   #69
12clicks

Quote:
If countries don't agree with the US than they are terrorist countries?? So Canada is a terrorist country now? Just because we aren't helping or might not agree with going against the UN's vote?
Stuart, I know you're losing this argument but twisting what you and I are saying won't help your case.
you said:

Quote:
And ultimately, going after one or 2 countries who has terrorist feelings toward the US may just incite those feelings in a lot of other countries by doing what it did.
Now, are you saying that by fighting terrorism, we're causing "terrorist feelings" in canada? No? Then lets not twist words, eh?

Quote:
What if more than 50% of the world, including some rather developed countries all think that the US is over stating it's boundries? I'm not saying it does... but what happens if it does?
Stuart, you should never fear being right, no matter how many people who are wrong are arrayed against you.

Quote:
It's the US against the world at war then? Because they're all now considered terrorist countries?
you have this odd fixation with not agreeing with the US equating terrorism. If you could over come that, you could probably see the situation more clearly.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:52 PM   #70
StuartD
StuartD should edit this
Sofa King Band

I'm not twisting anything... this is what you said

Quote:
So... if I hate the fact that the US up and did something against what the world voted against... am I a terrorist or not?

If I hate Bush for doing what he's doing just so that he can play the hero and get re-elected... am I a terrorist?

Do I get to have a scud dropped on me for opposing the US's decision?

And I am losing no argument.. I'm just not winning it. I have no intention of winning... I just like how you keep making the US out to be Godly over the world and making everyone else out to be terrorists who will feel your wrath.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:02 PM   #71
12clicks

Quote:
I'm not twisting anything... this is what you said
in response to your dopey question regarding terrorism. hopefully you'll outgrow this inability to follow a train of thought.

Quote:

So... if I hate the fact that the US up and did something against what the world voted against... am I a terrorist or not?

If I hate Bush for doing what he's doing just so that he can play the hero and get re-elected... am I a terrorist?
If you just think it, we'll let you live. if you act upon it by trying to kill Americans, we'll very happily kill you.

Quote:
Do I get to have a scud dropped on me for opposing the US's decision?
We would never use something so primative.

Quote:
And I am losing no argument.. I'm just not winning it. I have no intention of winning... I just like how you keep making the US out to be Godly over the world and making everyone else out to be terrorists who will feel your wrath.
If that's all you're getting out of this, you should pay closer attention in reading comprehension class.