World trade center movie! Your thoughts... - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 08-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
Funbrunette
Funbrunette is Travelling the world!
CORRUPTED ADMIN!!!!!

xBucks: 241,945
Send a message via ICQ to Funbrunette Send a message via MSN to Funbrunette Send a message via Skype™ to Funbrunette
Thumbs down World trade center movie! Your thoughts...

I'm simply disgusted! I refuse to endorse Oliver Stone in this one. Why would Hollywood want to profit from such a tragedy? There is NO WAY IN HELL I'm going to see this movie and it repulses me for the family of the victims to have to live through it again! But hey that's just my oipinion!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is only editing this because Chris is a jackass
Xnations Voice of Reason

xBucks: 11,311
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldo

I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie. It appears to be a story about survival and heroism under extreme circumstances, with 9/11 being the obvious backdrop for the movie.

Surely I'm not the only one that saw Titanic.

Note-Maybe now this message will go away....

Hello Ronaldo it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 47,593
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

too early and right now there are still debates as to who actually caused it. Maybe in 50 years when more facts come out, but right now there is no mystic to it. Titanic - Hindenburg etc. were tragedies that will always be remembered - sadly, 9-11 will be

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
TheEnforcer
TheEnforcer is Buy advertising from me NOW!

xBucks: 9,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbrunette
I'm simply disgusted! I refuse to endorse Oliver Stone in this one. Why would Hollywood want to profit from such a tragedy? There is NO WAY IN HELL I'm going to see this movie and it repulses me for the family of the victims to have to live through it again! But hey that's just my oipinion!

It's an extremely accurate representation of what happened to some of the 20 survivors that got pulle dout of the wreckage. Stone did a 100% straight up story and had the full cooperation of a greta many families, including the two principle people the story centers around. Much of the profits are being donated to charity as well.
TheEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
gnat69
gnat69 should edit this Edit

xBucks: 0 [Check]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnforcer
It's an extremely accurate representation of what happened to some of the 20 survivors that got pulle dout of the wreckage. Stone did a 100% straight up story and had the full cooperation of a greta many families, including the two principle people the story centers around. Much of the profits are being donated to charity as well.
I agree....
Old 08-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
blazi
blazi should edit this
wanna go for a ride?

xBucks: 2,582

if it was a conspericy (9/11) I just hope they hang the fools by their balls, they should show that live on PPV lol, that would be the proper way to profit from such tragedy!!
blazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
Stephane76
Stephane76 is Caca ki sent Bon!
cacapowa!!!

xBucks: 7,767
Send a message via ICQ to Stephane76 Send a message via AIM to Stephane76

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazi
if it was a conspericy (9/11) I just hope they hang the fools by their balls, they should show that live on PPV lol, that would be the proper way to profit from such tragedy!!

+1 !!!!

waiting for netflix to get the dvd
Old 08-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
carol.prime
carol.prime should edit this

xBucks: 2,352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbrunette
I understand your concern here. I think it would make a big difference if they created this film sort of 10 - 20 years after the tragedy, not this early.
carol.prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:01 AM   #9
Mr. Blue
Mr. Blue should edit this
Searching For Jimmy Hoffa

xBucks: 850
Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Blue

I'm not really interested in seeing it...I was in NYC during it, my brother was working a block away from it, and my sister was also in the city...miserable day and it's too early for me to want to review it again.
ICQ #223487665
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #10
Funbrunette
Funbrunette is Travelling the world!
CORRUPTED ADMIN!!!!!

xBucks: 241,945
Send a message via ICQ to Funbrunette Send a message via MSN to Funbrunette Send a message via Skype™ to Funbrunette

That's kind of my point it's too early....Too fresh. I respect everyone's opinion, but I personally won't be going to see it!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 31,489
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

It's a movie that doesn't interest me at all.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #12
gnat69
gnat69 should edit this Edit

xBucks: 0 [Check]

Before you all freak out let me say this:

Oliver Stone yes he wanted to make the movie and yes Nick Cage wanted to play the lead guy....I personally have no problems with this film and this is why....

the story is about 2 men from one fire house telling their story, they are in the movie and also consultants of the events that they went through. Who are we to say that it is too early for this film when in fact the majority of us were not even present when it happened, we all watched it on CNN....

This is their story they want us to see and nothing else. If you feel it is too soon then don't watch it, but don't condem the people that were involved and wanted this made just as much as Oliver Stone.....my 2 cents
Old 08-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #13
RawAlex
RawAlex should edit this

xBucks: 246
Send a message via AIM to RawAlex Send a message via Yahoo to RawAlex

I have a little bit of an issue with timing, I think that this movie would have done better outside of the current political cycle in the US, maybe a January or February movie rather than running right in the middle of mid term elections. It is the same reason why Michael Moore, for all his intelligence and great montage of sarcasm leaves me cold. He can't seem to get the timing right, always looks like he is trying to meddle rather than inform.

I sort of have a problem of anyone profiting from this horrible act. Maybe Oliver Stone would be so nice as to donate the profits to the widows, families, and children left behind?
Old 08-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #14
TheEnforcer
TheEnforcer is Buy advertising from me NOW!

xBucks: 9,014

Just saw this movie today and it was quite good. Very straightforward account of two of only 20 people that were pulled alive from the rubble of the WTC. These two guys were the 18th and 19th people pulled out alive and it's one hell of a movie and well worth seeing.
TheEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #15
Sin
Sin should edit this

xBucks: 653
Send a message via ICQ to Sin

I think the timing while a little 'fresh' for some, might also have an advantage in that it allows a more accurate representation of the events as a result, keeping it true to the story. I understand that its too soon for some, and perhaps they'll see it much later on down the road, or not at all. But I think it's good that they had the involvement of the people they were actually portraying, and I think that's a lot better than if 10 or 20 years down the road they decided to make a movie, didn't have the involvement, and completely butchered the reality of the situation in the production process.
Sin is offline   Reply With Quote