Anti Vaxxers and still-Trump Supporters are wierd. - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 01-17-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
2MuchMark
2MuchMark is hiring
Video Chat Guru

xBucks: 10,237
Send a message via ICQ to 2MuchMark Send a message via MSN to 2MuchMark Send a message via Skype™ to 2MuchMark
Default Anti Vaxxers and still-Trump Supporters are wierd.

I have been good friends with a woman for a really long time now and just recently I found out that she's an anti-vaxxers. And an anti-masker of course.

She lives alone, runs a small business, generally happy person, active social life. Nice, normal, kind person. She refuses to get vaccinated, and won't go anywhere where she is forced to wear a mask. "It's all fake" she says. The Hospitals are empty, no one has really got sick" she says and of course the biggest one is, "It's a conpsiracy to control us".

What is amazing about talking to her is that all of the above isn't just what she thinks, it's what she truly believes. When presenting any kind of facts at all, she dismisses them as fake. Regardless of the argument, she has a counter argument. When I asked her what her Doctor told her though, she changes the subject.

She is not a Trump supporter.

A have a friend of mine who is a Trump supporter. He thinks he's a great guy, but that "the media", controlled by Democrats, are out to get him, and that everything is fake, and that the election was stolen, etc. And like my anti-vaxxer friend, he doesn't just think Trump is a swell guy, he believes it.

When I asked him what he thought about the Jan 6 riots, he insists that it was a minor event, that no damage was really done, and that the cops who died were probably already sick, etc.

He is not an anti-vaxxer.

Both of them are completely different people, yet both believe in crazy ideas which are easy to disprove, but they refuse to accept them. In fact, they seem to double-down meaning, if I challenge their beliefs, they talk with some anger in a way that makes me think that they are trying hard to re assure themselves that their long-held beliefs have been right all along.

Do you know anyone like these people?

I wish I was a shrink... I would love to understand this kind of thing more.
2MuchMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #2
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 46,602
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

Well - over time and the internet - I think people are realizing that the standard media presentation of news is slanted and at times can't be trusted. You just can't report the news anymore there has to be a commentary or "side" the presenter takes.

So - people then turn into detectives and search or read other sources that at the time seem legitimate and at times play into their thinking, "the real media is lying to you so here's the truth". Then we have testimonials from Facebook to TikTok where people without evidence make wild claims that they were effected or saw something different.

Now - anyone seeing this would think, "hey they don't have anything to gain from this"...but in fact they do. They put fuel into a myth or start a lie and enjoy seeing it going around then laugh with their friends at how gullible others are.

So we distrust media - we trust those making claims and we trust those articles written like "they are hiding this from you". We all want to be in the know. We want answers yet the problem is we are trusting wrong sources.

This is Orwells 1984 all over again in real life. The internet creates reality and changes the truth to suit their goals - that is confusion and at times anarchy.

Now we have alternative universes that honestly will become more popular than the real one. Here you can do whatever and create whatever you can imagine without regret. This is scary since abandoning the real world to live in a fantasy is the Matrix or MetaVerse. So yes - you can have two different people - with two different views and opinions because they need their present universe to make sense - and right now - life doesn't make sense. So grasping at anything - even a fake universe brings a peace to ones mind that they have a handle on things.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:11 PM   #3
Rochard
Rochard should edit this
Funbrunette's BITCH!!!

xBucks: 43,158
Send a message via ICQ to Rochard

Here in the US COVID has become a political issue. There are Republicans, and then there are the hardcore Trump supporters. The Trump supporters are just plain fucking crazy.

I have friend who came out as an antivaxxer. She is a Republican and also a Trump supporter. She went to a Trump rally, indoors, no masks... The entire family got sick. Her, husband, four or five kids.

I don't get this. COVID is a fact; It's killed hundreds of thousands here in the United States. Masks are effecctive; This is a fact. The vaccine works and causes no harm.

This shit gets so old.
Rochard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:19 AM   #4
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Here in the US COVID has become a political issue. There are Republicans, and then there are the hardcore Trump supporters. The Trump supporters are just plain fucking crazy.

I have friend who came out as an antivaxxer. She is a Republican and also a Trump supporter. She went to a Trump rally, indoors, no masks... The entire family got sick. Her, husband, four or five kids.

I don't get this. COVID is a fact; It's killed hundreds of thousands here in the United States. Masks are effecctive; This is a fact. The vaccine works and causes no harm.

This shit gets so old.

They must be confused as hell now that Trump has come out saying not only has he had the booster but encourages everyone to get the jab. The other day he actually said that the majority of those in the hospitals were in fact unvaccinated people which turned many against him and made all those supporting him in the media saying that he's getting old and forgetful. He's actually loosing his base because of this

Old 01-24-2022, 05:49 PM   #5
Rochard
Rochard should edit this
Funbrunette's BITCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
They must be confused as hell now that Trump has come out saying not only has he had the booster but encourages everyone to get the jab. The other day he actually said that the majority of those in the hospitals were in fact unvaccinated people which turned many against him and made all those supporting him in the media saying that he's getting old and forgetful. He's actually loosing his base because of this
They are confused. Their leader is tellng them to get the booster and they won't do it.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:56 AM   #6
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

Quote:
They are confused. Their leader is tellng them to get the booster and they won't do it.
I'm not sure what's going on around the world but seems that everyone is pushing the limits of democracy and science.

Like most of us on the board grew up around the same time - when the fuck is the concept of having a flat earth suddenly be plausible? Or that we pick and choose our medical advice based off of a blog?

We don't trust news anymore but trust those who make fake news

just a bad twilight zone movie that won't end

Old 01-26-2022, 04:16 PM   #7
Rochard
Rochard should edit this
Funbrunette's BITCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
I'm not sure what's going on around the world but seems that everyone is pushing the limits of democracy and science.

Like most of us on the board grew up around the same time - when the fuck is the concept of having a flat earth suddenly be plausible? Or that we pick and choose our medical advice based off of a blog?

We don't trust news anymore but trust those who make fake news

just a bad twilight zone movie that won't end
This is a huge part of the problem. People are getting their news from anywhere except for actual news sources.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:16 PM   #8
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

Quote:
This is a huge part of the problem. People are getting their news from anywhere except for actual news sources.
I can only imagine what's going to happen with this Metaverse stuff - the news will be even more twisted as the crazy's have a platform with very few limits on it