These Post Bots are getting very - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 05-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
rhetorical
rhetorical is cantankerous

xBucks: 290
Default These Post Bots are getting very

fucking good. Like spammers. Depressing really.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
rhetorical

Is no one paying attention to this board any more? Just say the word or pull the plug and move on.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 305,614
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

XNations is slow, hadn't you noticed? I'm finding that traffic is higher during the week.

Anyway, yeah... the spam bots have to be deleted almost daily around here. I'm sure it's the same on other boards too.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
rhetorical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Chris View Post
XNations is slow, hadn't you noticed? I'm finding that traffic is higher during the week.

Anyway, yeah... the spam bots have to be deleted almost daily around here. I'm sure it's the same on other boards too.
I have noticed. I actually only post on a couple of boards that are totally focussed on my business. I think its the way of the future. I am seriously losing interest.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
student4ever
student4ever is Trying to not let life get in the way of life

xBucks: 3,254

Most boards are slow lately and finding people willing to post is always a problem...

Chris, we use a vB plugin that forces members registering to answer a random question before being able to complete registration. I loaded it up with simple math problems like "5 + 8 =" and reversed words. We had a SERIOUS problem before this plugin and virtually nothing since. Been over a year now. :knocks wood: I'll find the name if you want

I've heard of plugins like that for almost all types of boards and can be built for other systems as well.

student4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
rhetorical

Thanks for that s4ever. That has given me an idea.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 30,955
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

If you are complaining about the users plugin and CamsMaster, they are not bots. CamsMaster appears just to be a sig whore. There's no issues with plugin.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 305,614
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by student4ever View Post
Most boards are slow lately and finding people willing to post is always a problem...

Chris, we use a vB plugin that forces members registering to answer a random question before being able to complete registration. I loaded it up with simple math problems like "5 + 8 =" and reversed words. We had a SERIOUS problem before this plugin and virtually nothing since. Been over a year now. :knocks wood: I'll find the name if you want

I've heard of plugins like that for almost all types of boards and can be built for other systems as well.
Thanks... yes I've seen a couple similar scripts out their. One that even forces the registering user to look at a photo and name it in a field.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #9
rhetorical

I am thinking this type of thing could be used to prevent full site rips by all those forum cocksuckers. Imagine if you had to add 2 + 3 before you could down load a photo set or a video. It would stop site rippers cold. I am ruminating. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #10
CamsMaster
CamsMaster should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 14,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panky View Post
If you are complaining about the users plugin and CamsMaster, they are not bots. CamsMaster appears just to be a sig whore. There's no issues with plugin.

I am not a sig whore, just that I post when I have the time, I really like this forum, I really like you guys, but if you don't want me here I will not use anymore this forum, as I said I don't have the time to visit it each day... and when I have it I just want to answer on each thread... I don't know if it's something wrong with this!....

Just open a thread and ask in it for my exclusion from this forum, based on a reason.
CamsMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #11
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 30,955
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamsMaster View Post
I am not a sig whore, just that I post when I have the time, I really like this forum, I really like you guys, but if you don't want me here I will not use anymore this forum, as I said I don't have the time to visit it each day... and when I have it I just want to answer on each thread... I don't know if it's something wrong with this!....

Just open a thread and ask in it for my exclusion from this forum, based on a reason.
You do have behavior similar to a sig whore. It's not a major issue at this point, but please check your private message folder. Your name was one that was mentioned because I noticed rhetorical called you a bot in another thread. Since this thread was started about bots, I figured you were one he was referring to.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
CamsMaster
CamsMaster should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 14,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panky View Post
You do have behavior similar to a sig whore. It's not a major issue at this point, but please check your private message folder. Your name was one that was mentioned because I noticed rhetorical called you a bot in another thread. Since this thread was started about bots, I figured you were one he was referring to.

ok, if you say so, just that from now on you should know that I am not a bot and that I not visiting to often, but when I do it I usually post on more threads then one, because we this is the reason that makes this board so quiet and almost secret, I found it by mistake by the way, so on my opinion things should move faster down here so we can have a bigger activity and we should bring more members.
CamsMaster is offline   Reply With Quote