Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > Webmaster NEWBIES

Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Casa Nova
Casa Nova should edit this
The Sex Appeal

xBucks: 19,215
Send a message via ICQ to Casa Nova Send a message via MSN to Casa Nova
Question Biz questions thread

So I'm gonna make this thread for all the new guys who are lurking and want to ask questions but are to shy to make there own thread, or just for the vets who feel like asking a small question. So feel free to post some questions, & please for those of you who've been in the biz a while keep looking in here to answer some of the new guys questions.

SO here are my questions:

For those of you who buy content, how often do you usually go out and buy new content?

Do you tend to buy from the same company all the time?

How much do you usually allocate to buying per month?

Casa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #2
painful
painful should edit this
Ecstasy

xBucks: 6,817
Send a message via Yahoo to painful

Casa Nova, I don't see a specific BDSM Niche on your site, do you not have those movies or are they co-located with another niche?

I tend o buy content from where I can get what I am in the mood for, I don't really set aside money for it, I just use it as I get it. Unfortunately I am having trouble stocking up on photos and loading them to the site. I use SiteDepth to upload galleries and Videos to the site, but for some reason it isn't getting the new galleries from my FTP, and I am really new, so I am struggling with this. As soon as I sort it out I am sure the spending will continue.

www.dominateyou.com
painful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #3
painful
painful should edit this
Ecstasy

Since this forum is for us newbies, I'm gonna ask if anyone has an older (but working) copy of Dreamweaver they are willing to part with? Right now I use front page, it's wayyyyy too limiting. Any friends out there who can hook a brotha up?

-B to the T

www.dominateyou.com
Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #4
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 30,762
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

I don't purchase content on a regular basis. When I do purchase content, I don't always purchase from the same company. I look around to see who has what and who is offering the best deal. I purchase content 2-3 times a year. I know what I'm looking for, how much I will need, and roughly how much it will cost. Then I go content shopping.

Sorry painful... Can't help you out with DW. Wish I could. You seriously need to get away from using FP.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
painful
painful should edit this
Ecstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panky View Post
I don't purchase content on a regular basis. When I do purchase content, I don't always purchase from the same company. I look around to see who has what and who is offering the best deal. I purchase content 2-3 times a year. I know what I'm looking for, how much I will need, and roughly how much it will cost. Then I go content shopping.

Sorry painful... Can't help you out with DW. Wish I could. You seriously need to get away from using FP.
I know, FP sucks. I may have to go out and splurge for something good. Being a new site owner and having no business (it's hard to get listed), and being in the service, it's hard for me to get what I need when I need it.

I have just finished another gallery I am posting around, hopefully I can get it listed. Check it out and let me know if it's shit or not. Please, all I ask is to be honest. I kill people for a living and my skin is pretty tough.
http://www.painful-ecstasy.com/tgp/lianka.htm

www.dominateyou.com
Old 06-22-2007, 01:54 AM   #6
Panky

Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

If you are submitting this gallery to TGP sites, you will be rejected far more than listed.

-You have too many links on the gallery. You should have no more than 3 links out to the sponsor. Links must be to no console tours.

-Recip links go on top of the gallery.

-Use 15 or 16 pics. Anymore than that is a waste.

-Get rid of the built by link.

- I would suggest that you make your links a different color and at least one font size larger than your standard text. Sure you can tell what is a link because it is underlined, but your links will grab more attention if they are a different color and font size than your standard text.

-Your full size images are large and heavy. Reduce them down to no larger than 800 pixels on the long side. The image should weigh anywhere between 45KB to 90KB. A minimum of 45KB passes through all the scripts. When your images are as large as they are now and heavy as they are, not only will you chew through bandwidth, but your gallery is heavier and will take longer to load. Some sites will reject you for having full size images that large. 800 on the long side is acceptable.

-Your thumbs are grainy / pixelated. You'll get rejected for poor quality thumbs. Reduce your full size images first, then crop the thumbs.

-Links on the middle and bottom of your gallery will get clicked far more than top links. Text links get clicked far more than banner links. If you use a banner, write descriptive text under the banner. Get inside the surfers head. Tell them what they will find when they click that banner. Don't rely solely on the banner to sell your surfer.

-Large thumbs work. They work because a surfer doesn't need to click every single thumb on the gallery to find what they want. They can easily scan the gallery and choose thumbs that catch their eye. Reviewers also like them because it appears as though you are giving the surfer more content. More content = happy bookmarking surfers = happy site owners and advertisers. The surfers feel they are getting more with the use of larger thumbs.

-I would consider manually cropping your thumbs. Cut some of the filler space out and focus more on the models and action. Many people run their thumbs through a batch processor. Nothing wrong with that. However, manually cropping your thumbs is well worth the effort.

These are some examples of my galleries.
Gallery 1

Gallery 2

Gallery 3

Gallery 4

Notice how the sponsor links pop? This is the quality you want to shoot for in your thumbs and full size pics. The thumbs are clear, not grainy.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
painful
painful should edit this
Ecstasy

Quote:
If you are submitting this gallery to TGP sites, you will be rejected far more than listed.

-You have too many links on the gallery. You should have no more than 3 links out to the sponsor. Links must be to no console tours.

-Recip links go on top of the gallery.

-Use 15 or 16 pics. Anymore than that is a waste.

-Get rid of the built by link.

- I would suggest that you make your links a different color and at least one font size larger than your standard text. Sure you can tell what is a link because it is underlined, but your links will grab more attention if they are a different color and font size than your standard text.

-Your full size images are large and heavy. Reduce them down to no larger than 800 pixels on the long side. The image should weigh anywhere between 45KB to 90KB. A minimum of 45KB passes through all the scripts. When your images are as large as they are now and heavy as they are, not only will you chew through bandwidth, but your gallery is heavier and will take longer to load. Some sites will reject you for having full size images that large. 800 on the long side is acceptable.

-Your thumbs are grainy / pixelated. You'll get rejected for poor quality thumbs. Reduce your full size images first, then crop the thumbs.

-Links on the middle and bottom of your gallery will get clicked far more than top links. Text links get clicked far more than banner links. If you use a banner, write descriptive text under the banner. Get inside the surfers head. Tell them what they will find when they click that banner. Don't rely solely on the banner to sell your surfer.

-Large thumbs work. They work because a surfer doesn't need to click every single thumb on the gallery to find what they want. They can easily scan the gallery and choose thumbs that catch their eye. Reviewers also like them because it appears as though you are giving the surfer more content. More content = happy bookmarking surfers = happy site owners and advertisers. The surfers feel they are getting more with the use of larger thumbs.

-I would consider manually cropping your thumbs. Cut some of the filler space out and focus more on the models and action. Many people run their thumbs through a batch processor. Nothing wrong with that. However, manually cropping your thumbs is well worth the effort.

These are some examples of my galleries.
Gallery 1

Gallery 2

Gallery 3

Gallery 4

Notice how the sponsor links pop? This is the quality you want to shoot for in your thumbs and full size pics. The thumbs are clear, not grainy.
Cool, thanks for the help, I'll fix it up.

-B

www.dominateyou.com
Old 06-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
Panky

You're welcome. Just let me know if you have any more questions or want me to take a look at the changes.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #9
painful
painful should edit this
Ecstasy

Quote:
You're welcome. Just let me know if you have any more questions or want me to take a look at the changes.
What kind of program should I use for resizing my pics? I have Photoshop, but haven't used it too much. Maybe my wife has a better grasp, I'll have her do it.

www.dominateyou.com
Old 06-23-2007, 01:16 AM   #10
Panky

Quote:
Originally Posted by painful View Post
What kind of program should I use for resizing my pics? I have Photoshop, but haven't used it too much. Maybe my wife has a better grasp, I'll have her do it.
Photoshop is what I use. You can create actions to resize your full size images. I have two actions created; one for portrait (600x800) and one for landscape (800x600).

I created two folders on my desktop. One called landscape and another called portrait. Inside each of those folders is a folder named done. When I choose my images, I dump the pics in the appropriate folder(s), then run the actions. The actions then drop the finished pics in the done folder. Then I transfer them from the done folder to Photoshop or the pics folder inside my gallery folder.

Actions in Photoshop are your friend.