Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 04-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Virgule3
Virgule3 is in love!
I shoot nekkid people

xBucks: 15,113
Default I just got a new cell phone!

Hi guys!

I just got a new cell phone! The reviews say it's a fantastic phone and even though I can only make regular phone calls with it right now (I have yet to figure it out!), it seems true!

I have a question though... It has Windows Mobile and MSN inside. With the plan I have, I have unlimited free WiFi access but that's only good for email and Explorer. If I want to use MSN, I have to connect to the normal connection and I only have 4 megs of transfer which isn't much.

How much bandwidth does MSN take? Anyone knows?

Sophie.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 307,127
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

4 megs is not a lot and I would think that MSN messanger would eat that up fairly quickly.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
2MuchMark
2MuchMark is hiring
Video Chat Guru

xBucks: 10,417
Send a message via ICQ to 2MuchMark Send a message via MSN to 2MuchMark Send a message via Skype™ to 2MuchMark

Hi Virgule3

That is a pretty nice phone. I used to have one like that. Can I ask what Carrier you are using? You may have made a mistake about MSN on this thing...

When you use it in WIFI mode, you are using any local wireless connection in your area such as your home WiFi, Coffeeshops, Airport, etc. This device lets you connect to the Internet and run all Internet related aps such as IE, Email, MSN, Skype, etc. You bypass your cellphone carrier completely, and have free bandwidth.

However when you connect to the Internet via your cellphone carrier, THEN you are paying for bandwidth, and paying A LOT for it. Surfing the net, msn, email, downloads etc, all cost you.

I ended up selling this phone to a friend and switching back to a Motorola flip phone. Since I made more phone calls than I surfed, the Motorola was easier to use. But damn I miss having the Internet in my pocket!

Mark
2MuchMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Way3
Way3 is in Arizona!!!!
Way3.com

xBucks: 2,258
Send a message via ICQ to Way3 Send a message via AIM to Way3 Send a message via Yahoo to Way3

Your phone is very similar, if not exact to my Sprint 6800. Although I have the unlimited dataplan. Got to admit, this phone is the closest phone I have found to replace my laptop! If you get a good data plan (4 meg is not a lot), I think you will really like it!!!

Last edited by Way3; 04-07-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Way3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
Virgule3
Virgule3 is in love!
I shoot nekkid people

xBucks: 15,113

Thanks Mark!

I got worried and I called Bell (my carrier) and they told me the exact same thing!

And I do love to have the net in my pocket! It's way cool!

Sophie.