PDA

View Full Version : Icq and email... Which one?

Khan
05-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Say the sponsor would like to inform the webmaster of what's happening at the program recently, new features, new sites, new services (not talking about how many new FHGs are added though :))

Would you choose to be informed by email or instant message like icq, msn messenger etc.? What are your opinions about being informed and how many a week would bug you?

Cheers. :)

TheLegacy
05-08-2007, 02:07 PM
well as said on the other board - monthly emails for updates and news. icq is used for communication real time, and for requesting to bump a thread

Mister E
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Have found ICQ is a great way to inform people about sent emails.
Spam traps, monster in boxes etc. Sometimes stuff get's lost...
My contacts seem to love it.

XXXPhoto
05-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Perhaps having an option for webmaster to select if they wish to be informed through ICQ or not is best?

For a person doing gallery postings and such, being first to get new promo material out seems like it'd be a bonus. And ICQ window popping would be more of a 'heads up' imo than wading through email.

Khan
05-11-2007, 03:49 AM
Great opinions. Thanks everyone :heart:

Cyndalie
05-11-2007, 09:36 AM
I say Email for general announcements and select ICQ contacts for certain affiliates that you feel would be especially interested or are overtly active promoters.

Khan
05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I say Email for general announcements and select ICQ contacts for certain affiliates that you feel would be especially interested or are overtly active promoters.

agreed, icq for special treatments :laughout:

thanks Cyndalie, aprreciated. :heart:

:goldfish:
Khan.

Panky
05-11-2007, 01:30 PM
ICQ should be used sparingly. Some sponsors already abuse the email system, I'd hate to see how they would treat ICQ and/or MSN.

I like the idea of what XXXPhoto posted about letting affiliates choose how they wish to be contacted. Even take it a step further and note who wants to be contacted for what and which method they prefer.

I don't mind the occasional ICQ from a sponsor that I may not be heavily promoting, touching base and letting me know someone at the company is still alive. It is appreciated. However, I don't want to be bombarded with ICQ's from sponsors, especially bulk generated messages.

If it is a sponsor I'm not active with or never joined contacting me on ICQ, that is fine. Introduce yourself. Keep it short and to the point. I'll talk with them and see what is up and go from there. Many companies act professional and respect peoples time. That is very much appreciated.

What I don't like on ICQ are the reps who will send a msg., don't introduce themselves, and then make a pest of themselves because you didn't acknowledge them in the first 2 minutes.

Evil Chris
05-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I prefer emails also. I (like many of you) am signed up to probably hundreds of affiliate programs, and I receive regular newsletters from dozens of them, most of which I never read.

The newsletters I do read however, are of the programs that I am most heavily involved with. I don't mind the occasional ICQ message from a rep if it's of great importance, though. Like Panky said, sparingly.