Icq and email... Which one? - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Khan
Khan should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 1,749
Send a message via ICQ to Khan Send a message via AIM to Khan Send a message via MSN to Khan Send a message via Yahoo to Khan
Question Icq and email... Which one?

Say the sponsor would like to inform the webmaster of what's happening at the program recently, new features, new sites, new services (not talking about how many new FHGs are added though )

Would you choose to be informed by email or instant message like icq, msn messenger etc.? What are your opinions about being informed and how many a week would bug you?

Cheers.

HENTAI / CARTOON program featuring upto 60% REVSHARE Adult Art Network Revenue Share Program
Cascade Billing using Paycom, CCBill, WTS & 2000 Charge, weekly payouts via ePassporte & Wire
FHG's with thumbs & descriptions, RSS 2.0 support and free cartoon content! ICQ:278-718-155
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 47,112
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

well as said on the other board - monthly emails for updates and news. icq is used for communication real time, and for requesting to bump a thread

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Mister E
Mister E should edit this
The voice of reason of Xnations

xBucks: 3,666
Send a message via ICQ to Mister E

Have found ICQ is a great way to inform people about sent emails.
Spam traps, monster in boxes etc. Sometimes stuff get's lost...
My contacts seem to love it.
www.guerillatraffic.com
Hardcore niche traffic!
FREE Plugins That Pay!

Mister E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
XXXPhoto
XXXPhoto should edit this
The Bad Man Touched Me

xBucks: 2,092
Send a message via ICQ to XXXPhoto

Perhaps having an option for webmaster to select if they wish to be informed through ICQ or not is best?

For a person doing gallery postings and such, being first to get new promo material out seems like it'd be a bonus. And ICQ window popping would be more of a 'heads up' imo than wading through email.
XXXPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:49 AM   #5
Khan
Khan should edit this
Citizen X

Send a message via ICQ to Khan Send a message via AIM to Khan Send a message via MSN to Khan Send a message via Yahoo to Khan

Great opinions. Thanks everyone

HENTAI / CARTOON program featuring upto 60% REVSHARE Adult Art Network Revenue Share Program
Cascade Billing using Paycom, CCBill, WTS & 2000 Charge, weekly payouts via ePassporte & Wire
FHG's with thumbs & descriptions, RSS 2.0 support and free cartoon content! ICQ:278-718-155
Old 05-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
Cyndalie
Cyndalie is not it.
Marketing Director / SEO

xBucks: 63,110
Send a message via ICQ to Cyndalie

I say Email for general announcements and select ICQ contacts for certain affiliates that you feel would be especially interested or are overtly active promoters.

Hardcore, Blowjobs, Gay, Wives, Lesbians, Gangbang, Movies, Tranny, Interracial, Teen....
16 Sites, $35 PPS/ 60% Revshare :: Capitalize on Experience
Cyndee - Director of Marketing & SEO
Cyndalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
Khan
Khan should edit this
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndalie View Post
I say Email for general announcements and select ICQ contacts for certain affiliates that you feel would be especially interested or are overtly active promoters.
agreed, icq for special treatments

thanks Cyndalie, aprreciated.

Khan.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 31,203
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

ICQ should be used sparingly. Some sponsors already abuse the email system, I'd hate to see how they would treat ICQ and/or MSN.

I like the idea of what XXXPhoto posted about letting affiliates choose how they wish to be contacted. Even take it a step further and note who wants to be contacted for what and which method they prefer.

I don't mind the occasional ICQ from a sponsor that I may not be heavily promoting, touching base and letting me know someone at the company is still alive. It is appreciated. However, I don't want to be bombarded with ICQ's from sponsors, especially bulk generated messages.

If it is a sponsor I'm not active with or never joined contacting me on ICQ, that is fine. Introduce yourself. Keep it short and to the point. I'll talk with them and see what is up and go from there. Many companies act professional and respect peoples time. That is very much appreciated.

What I don't like on ICQ are the reps who will send a msg., don't introduce themselves, and then make a pest of themselves because you didn't acknowledge them in the first 2 minutes.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #9
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 308,241
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

I prefer emails also. I (like many of you) am signed up to probably hundreds of affiliate programs, and I receive regular newsletters from dozens of them, most of which I never read.

The newsletters I do read however, are of the programs that I am most heavily involved with. I don't mind the occasional ICQ message from a rep if it's of great importance, though. Like Panky said, sparingly.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote