Morons behind the wheel! - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 07-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 307,252
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris
Default Morons behind the wheel!

There are a lot of things that other drivers on the road do to piss me off, but the one thing that stands out above all else is how most drivers make their turns. Be it left turns or right turns, they all do the same lazy thing.

Here's what I mean. If there are two lanes waiting to turn, and you're in the right lane, once that light turns green you are supposed to turn from the right lane INTO the right lane. If you were waiting in the left, you turn into the left.

What most people seem to do is go from that right lane to as far across the boulevard as they can go into that far left inside lane. No matter who else is turning with them. So if you were the sad individual turning into that left lane, you would be side-swiped. The worst part of all of this is that it is such a common thing, that I doubt there is a driver out there who even thinks about this, let alone thinks that he/she has done anything wrong.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Way3
Way3 is in Arizona!!!!
Way3.com

xBucks: 2,260
Send a message via ICQ to Way3 Send a message via AIM to Way3 Send a message via Yahoo to Way3

I completely understand what you are saying. So many drivers are completely unaware of what is around them or what is going on around them, or simply don't care!!! They are in their own little world. When I'm driving I'm always sure to try to leave myself an out! You never know what that other driver is going to do!
Way3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
thruma
thruma is hard at work.(double meaning)

xBucks: 5,206

No offense to Montreal but the rest of Canada thinks you guys drive crazy over there!
thruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 307,252
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruma View Post
No offense to Montreal but the rest of Canada thinks you guys drive crazy over there!
None taken!
But the rest of Canada is no better or worse. Vancouver in particular is horrible.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #5
Magnus3x
Magnus3x is superfantastico!

xBucks: 15,614
Send a message via ICQ to Magnus3x

I learned to drive in Quebec and at least they know what to expect as defensive drivers (the worst) and they follow European lane courtesy, fast lanes, left lanes etc.

The worst in the fucking Country is Vancouver, that is the only city I lived in where I almost got out of my car a couple of times to lump people for stupidity. I moved from Vancouer with a new saying on the highway, I call it "Getting Vancouvered".
That means that all 3 or 4 lanes of the highway are a line of cars all going to same speed, the left lane and the far right slow lane all drive in one happy line. You can't pass any of the cars, because they are all going the same speed, 80 Km/h!!!

That being said, you are right Chris, there is a real lack of respect on the road these days, no signaling, tail gating to the extreme and since when did the Mini Van become a performance car lol.. crazy dudes driving like manaics in them things.
  • Banners/Text Links
  • Pre-Paid Gallery Spots
steve a-t* gtsads dot com
Magnus3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
SykkBoy
SykkBoy should edit this
T-Shirt Whore

xBucks: 3,660

I have a 25 mile commute each way to the office every day...I see my share of some of the worst driving in the US...mix a bunch of tourists with a bunch of old people in RVs (and the older they are, the bigger the RV), transplanted Californians, constant road construction and it's a recipe for disaster...

for me the absolute worst is people who don't seem to know how to use their turn signals...ugh
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
Platinum Chris
Platinum Chris should edit this
Runs with Scissors

xBucks: 3,835
Send a message via ICQ to Platinum Chris Send a message via AIM to Platinum Chris Send a message via MSN to Platinum Chris Send a message via Yahoo to Platinum Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus3x View Post
and since when did the Mini Van become a performance car lol.. crazy dudes driving like manaics in them things.
heh - there are so many times I want to jump out of the truck and punch the dude in the face, or the woman in the tit for driving as erratically as they do with children in the back.

Adult Rental Cash - VOD - $35 PPS or 35% RevShare
Platinum Feeds - 4,000 S8t, 500+ Gay Full-Length DVD Feeds. Contact me for your FREE 2 week trial!
Platinum Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
Cyndalie
Cyndalie is not it.
Marketing Director / SEO

xBucks: 63,021
Send a message via ICQ to Cyndalie

Chris you think that's bad, the circles in New Jersey would drive you INSANE. It's almost impossible not to get pushed out of your lane.

Hardcore, Blowjobs, Gay, Wives, Lesbians, Gangbang, Movies, Tranny, Interracial, Teen....
16 Sites, $35 PPS/ 60% Revshare :: Capitalize on Experience
Cyndee - Director of Marketing & SEO
Cyndalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #9
student4ever
student4ever is Trying to not let life get in the way of life

xBucks: 3,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndalie View Post
Chris you think that's bad, the circles in New Jersey would drive you INSANE. It's almost impossible not to get pushed out of your lane.
face it Cynd, the lanes are just an illusion... the circles are really just a giant , multi-player chicken match!

student4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 31,092
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

What bothers me the most is when clueless road warriors drive in snow, ice, and rain like they do when the roads are dry.

Oh...not sure if these things are popular in other provinces or the states, but around here we have these kids on these mini motorcycle skooter things and the kids insist on revving those things like they are on an adult motorcycle. I hate those things. It sounds like someone is riding a chainsaw. Then some of the kids act like they own the road.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote