Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 01-27-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
GoodChris
GoodChris is not gay like EVIL Chris
Chris X

xBucks: 8,138
Send a message via ICQ to GoodChris
Default hosted Galleries Script?

I'm looking for a script that will build hosted galleries and insert our sponsors code automatically into it....

Dows anyone know of any good FREE ones? I know that hosted-galleries.com has one for $700.00 (yeah right) ....

ICQ 12531824
MSN chrisbegin at hotmail dot com

(same email address as well)

I'm not Easy, but sometimes I get tricked
GoodChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #2
Dravyk
Dravyk should edit this

xBucks: 567

Well if you a) can't afford a script that can take the strain and b) you can't afford $700, I'm sure you can afford to pay out webmasters! (yeah, right!)

I can't blame freesite webmasters wanting free scripts. When (an alleged) sponsor program can't even afford the basics, that's just pathetic.

Either run with the big boys or stay out of the game, son.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
GoodChris
Chris X

Dravyk, tsk tsk....

It is a matter of principle. This is not a complicated thing, and its not worth $700. It has nothing to do with affording or not.

I think even CCBill gives this script away to its customers if I am not mistaken.

ICQ 12531824

Old 01-27-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
Dravyk
Dravyk should edit this

Well, Chris, we both have our opinions. Mine is you get what you pay for. I know what that script can do and the programmers time putting it together and its value to sponsors is certainly worth the price IMHO.

Yes, one could no doubt find or make a cheapie one I know, but in terms of handling real-time delivery flawlessly, zero server throttling, minimal drive space storage, and most importantly making sure affiliates actually get listed by having not 20 static galleries but thousands of different looks and configurations on demand and still allowing for static descriptions, It is the only one on the market was built to make sure affiliate galleries get listed on the major TGPs.

You won't get that out of any freebie, nor even a $200 script. You will get a lot of dejected affiliates turned down, not the traffic you expected, and possible blacklisting at the big guys with a cheap script -- that I can assure you. Or you can just ask the big TGP owners and get their confirmation on this. Just my two cents.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:36 PM   #5
GoodChris
Chris X

Maybe I'm not asking for the right thing here...

The system you are talking about is for hosting your own TGP correct?

What I am looking for is a script that will automatically take my affiliates code and take a prebuilt gallery that I have had made and save an html page with their linking code attached to the links back to our sites.

From my understanding, this should be a simple couple of calls in PHP, but I could be mistaken.

I have seen many people using one with CCBill referral programs...

Are we talking apples and apples here?

ICQ 12531824

Old 01-27-2004, 04:59 PM   #6
Dravyk
Dravyk should edit this

Quote:
Originally posted by GoodChris
The system you are talking about is for hosting your own TGP correct?

What I am looking for is a script that will automatically take my affiliates code and take a prebuilt gallery that I have had made and save an html page with their linking code attached to the links back to our sites.
We're talking the same thing here. This is a script for sponsors to give to their affiliates dynamic hosted-galleries. I sincerely am not sure if CCBill offers anything like this or not.

As for the simple coding part, again, it all depends on what one needs or wants.

This particular script makes it so that it doesn't take up server space (you do not need to copy the content to a new directory each time for each affiliate for each gallery, for instance). This allows choosing from multiple templates and altering those templates so affiliates will get listed. (A normal script will turn out a few, and after TheHun or whomever has seen that same exact gallery with the same exact content submitted 85 times the following day, will no longer take galleries from that sponsor.) As well as picking from a pool of content and a pool of banners too, thus ensuring thousands of combinations of galleries and that they will therefore get listed.

To put all of this and more features in it, that takes much more than just basic programming and it takes a reasonable amount of time and labor to create. But, yes, if you want a script that will fill up your server hard drive, not be as versatile, slow down your server, and make a dozen galleries that won't be listed, yeah, that is "simple coding" and that would probably take any PHP novice 15 minutes and he can charge your $25 for it. Question is, now how good is the damned thing to you and how long before you chuck it in the virtual trash can?
Old 01-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
GoodChris
Chris X

Dravyk, thanks. I'm going to have to look into this a little further it looks like.

ICQ 12531824

Old 01-30-2004, 03:10 AM   #8
CX*
CX* should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 70
Send a message via ICQ to CX*

if you make your gallery pages .php pages.. this will be easy with a simple php include into the link that you provide your affiliate and the link you put in the fhg...

check out http://phpfreak.com and im sure you can figure it out
CX* is offline   Reply With Quote